Lawsuit Links Death Of Respected NYU Doctor To Alleged Negligence at Disney World Restaurant

Kanokporn Tangsuan

A tragic incident has struck a doctor from New York University, raising concerns over food safety protocols at a popular Disney World restaurant.

Kanokporn Tangsuan, a respected physician at NYU Langone hospital, passed away after dining at Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant in Disney Springs on October 5th.

Her husband, Jeffrey Piccolo, has filed a lawsuit in Orange County, Florida, alleging negligence on the part of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

According to the lawsuit, Tangsuan had informed the restaurant staff about her severe nut and dairy allergies. Despite reassurances from the waitstaff that they could accommodate her dietary needs, Tangsuan fell severely ill after consuming a meal of broccoli and corn fritter, scallops, and onion rings.

Shortly after leaving the restaurant, she began experiencing difficulty breathing and collapsed inside Planet Hollywood.

Despite immediate administration of an epi-pen, Tangsuan tragically passed away at a local hospital. The medical examiner’s investigation revealed that she succumbed to anaphylaxis due to elevated levels of dairy and nut in her system.

The lawsuit alleges that Disney failed in its duty to ensure the safety of individuals with food allergies. It claims that despite Disney’s public assertions about prioritizing food allergy accommodations, the staff at Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant were not adequately trained to ensure allergen-free meals.

The lawsuit seeks to hold Disney accountable for what the plaintiff describes as a preventable tragedy.

This incident raises questions about the efficacy of food safety measures at Disney World and underscores the importance of proper training and protocols to protect individuals with food allergies.

As the legal proceedings unfold, the case serves as a sobering reminder of the potential consequences of negligence in food service establishments.